Estimating & OrderingHow to estimate how many pedestals you'll need
The number of pedestals you’ll require for your project depends on the following:
- The total number of tiles or pavers used
- The dimensions of the tiles or pavers
- The weight of the tiles or pavers – larger or heavier pavers may require an additional central pedestal per paver
- The shape of the area to be covered – the more irregular it is shaped, the more pedestals you’re likely to need
- The anticipated loading on the deck
- The amount of pedestrian traffic anticipated (commercial applications)
- The finished height of the deck
As a guide, the following formula can be used if the area is a simple rectangle or square:
- Count the number of pavers or tiles along the width and the depth and add one to each of these numbers
- Multiply these numbers together to give the minimum number of pedestals required.
This will only give an approximate figure for the total number of pedestals required. Estimating how many pedestals of each height will be required when the surface is sloping or uneven is rather more complicated. Whilst this can be estimated in many cases by drawing the deck plan on sheet of graph paper, for more complicated applications, plans can be submitted via HandyDeck to the pedestal manufacturer (Eterno Ivica) who has developed special estimating software. Note however that all the following information is still required to enable a takeoff to to be calculated.
1) A drawing showing measurements of all sides around the perimeter that will be paved
2) Heights at all points on the perimeter
3) Areas that are to be excluded (not paved)
4) Location of all drainage points
5) Height of all drainage points
6) Location of eventual high level points
7) Height of high level points
8) Slope lines
9) Paver or tile dimensions- L X W X H
10) Final level (highest pedestal + thickness of the tile)
Our Pedestal Return Policy
Since it is difficult to precisely estimate not only the heights of pedestals which may be required for a particular job, but also the number of pedestals required, HandyDeck does not assume any liability or responsibility for any claims arising from or related to the quantities, sizes and types of pedestals, pavers or tiles or accessories which may have been estimated by HandyDeck in any quotation or sales order.
You and and/your contractor are responsible for verifying that all the dimensions/elevations of the project are accurate, and that the quantities and sizes of components meet the requirements of your project.
HandyDeck does however accept the return of excess pedestals ordered, subject to the following conditions.
- The quantity of each item to be returned must be confirmed with HandyDeck before dispatch. HandyDeck will then confirm the address of the warehouse to which the return is to be made.
- An RMA (return merchandise authorization) will be issued by HandyDeck specifying the product name(s) of items being returned and the quantities of each item. This RMA must be enclosed with the return shipment.
- All returned products must be received in clean, as new condition suitable for resale, with no scratches, marks, damage or missing components.
- Products must be returned in separate boxes or bags for each product item (Se1, SE2 etc.) with each box/bag clearly marked with the product item name and quantity. A master carton may be used to enclose boxes/bags containing individual product items. Returned products need not be shipped back in original cartons if other suitable cartons are available.
- Where a set of components (e.g. head, coupler and base) make up a specific item (Se1, SE2 etc.) as originally ordered, each box/bag of returned products must contain the appropriate numbers of components to make the complete pedestal sets.
- We cannot accept the return of individual parts of a pedestal assembly e.g. heads, columns or bases only, with the exception of the E1 or PNM Extension Elements, which maybe returned as individual items.
Subject to receiving returned items in the condition as described above, and after checking by warehouse staff, HandyDeck will pay a refund (or issue a credit) based on the original invoiced price of the products returned, less:
- A 10% restocking fee
- The pro rata cost of the original shipping (only if goods were supplied at a unit price which included shipping)
- Any charges paid by HandyDeck for return shipping. (If HandyDeck is requested to arrange return shipping, the charge deducted from the refund will be the actual return shipping cost +10%.)
If items are not returned in the condition specified above, HandyDeck reserves the right to apply an additional discount reflecting any extra warehouse labor or material costs which may be incurred.