All deck tile products from HandyDeck Systems are designed for both indoor and outdoor installation and can be enjoyed in all types of weather. Whether you choose a SwiftDeck, LinkDeck, EzyTile or ResiDeck product, you'll have the peace of mind in knowing that any defects in workmanship and materials are covered by HandyDeck's Limited Residential Warranty. So you can rest assured that you will be able to enjoy your quality HandyDeck product, indoors or out, year after year.
Limited Residential Warranty
HandyDeck Systems Inc. (hereinafter referred to as "HandyDeck") warrants to the original residential purchaser that its products shall be free from material defects in workmanship and materials for the following period from the date of original purchase, under normal use and service conditions:
- For products branded as "SwiftDeck" - a period of ten (10) years from the date of original purchase
- For products branded as "LinkDeck" - a period of five (5) years from the date of original purchase
- For products branded as "EzyTile" - a period of five (5) years from the date of original purchase
- For products branded as "ResiDeck" - a period of ten (10) years from the date of original purchase
For the purposes of this warranty, a "residential purchaser" shall refer to an individual residential homeowner. If a defect appears within the warranty period, you must notify HandyDeck in writing by sending a description of the claimed defect together with proof of purchase to the following address:
HandyDeck Systems Inc.
1807 14th Street, Level 2, NW
Washington, DC 20009
After confirmation by an authorized HandyDeck representative of the defect, HandyDeck's sole responsibility shall be, at its option, to either replace the defective item or refund that portion of the purchase price paid by you for the defective item (not including the cost of its initial installation). This warranty shall not cover and HandyDeck shall not be responsible for costs and expenses incurred with respect to the removal of defective HandyDeck products or the installation of replacement materials, including but not limited to, labor and freight.
HandyDeck does not warrant against, is not responsible for, and no implied warranty shall be deemed to cover, any product failure, product malfunction, or damages attributable to:
- Improper installation of HandyDeck products and/or failure to abide by HandyDeck's installation guidelines, including but not limited to failure to install the tiles on a solid, flat surface or a surface that is not properly drained.
- Any cracking, breakage, or other damage occurring during or after installation.
- Use of HandyDeck products in an application not recommended by HandyDeck's guidelines and local building codes.
- Movement, distortion, collapse or cracking of the surface or the supporting structure on which HandyDeck products are installed;
- Any act of God (such as flood, hurricane, earthquake, lightning, fire, et al), environmental condition (such as air pollution,mold, mildew, et al), or staining from foreign substances (such as dirt, grease, oil, et al).
- Natural imperfections or variations in the wood or stone
- Natural weathering of the wood or wood composite including but not limited to fading of the wood or wood composite color.
- Improper handling, storage, abuse or neglect of HandyDeck products.
- Ordinary wear and tear
You are solely responsible for determining the effectiveness, fitness, suitability and safety of the HandyDeck products in connection with its use in any particular application. No person or entity is authorized by HandyDeck to make any statement or representation as to the quality or performance of HandyDeck products other than as contained in this warranty and HandyDeck shall not be bound by any such statements or representations. This warranty may not be altered or amended except by means of a written document signed by both HandyDeck and yourself.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL HANDYDECK BE LIABLE OR OBLIGATED FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, LOST SALES, LOSS OF GOODWILL, STOPPAGE OF WORK, OR IMPAIRMENT OF ASSETS), WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR UNFORESEEABLE, ARISING OUT OF BREACH OR FAILURE OF EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, FRAUD, MISREPRESENTATION, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT OR OTHERWISE, EXCEPT AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT THIS LIMITATION IS SPECIFICALLY PRECLUDED BY APPLICABLE LAW OF MANDATORY APPLICATION. HANDYDECK'S LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH PRODUCTS OR REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE, AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
This warranty shall only be applicable and enforceable in the United States of America and Canada.